Did you know that we have our own NREN in this country? Yes we do and I am proud of it.
Hmmm what is it you say? According to Wikipedia NREN is a specialised internet service provider dedicated to supporting the needs of the research and education communities within a country.
Is that clear enough what NREN is? Hopefully, and to add this is funded by our government and backed up by International Organizations.
So What’s in it for you? Well If you are a government, academic, or research and development organization then this is for you to take advantage of.
Why? geeez if you don’t get it imagine your organization having a free and fast dedicated internet connection where the traffic is not congested unlike the commercial one’s where users are experiencing lags, slowness and outagse.
Now what services do they have?
By becoming a part of the PREGINET network you will have:
- 10/155 Mbps connections to the commodity internet;
- 155 Mbps connection to international research and education networks; and
- Faster access to large amount of data and databases through PREGINET’s strong partnership with major telecommunication providers in the country.
- Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)
- Philippine Open Internet Exchange (PhOpenIX)
- Server Colocation
- Video Streaming
- Video Conferencing
- Voice over IP (VoIP)
Now tell me if you do not want this service?
Next is how can you avail of this if you think you are a qualified oraganization?
Just follow the below steps in order to become a partner:
The process in becoming a PREGINET partner is easy.
1. Submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) to the ASTI Director.
Denis F. Villorente
Advanced Science and Technology Institute
ASTI Building, C.P. Garcia Avenue,
UP Technology Park Complex,
Diliman, Quezon City 1101
2. Upon receipt of the LOI, the PREGINET Project Manager will set a meeting with prospective partner to discuss the institution’s requirements.
3. ASTI-PREGINET will submit a proposal (with indicative costs) and network diagram to prospective partner.
4. If the proposal is agreeable to the prospective partner, an authorized representative signs the Conforme. The signed Conforme is then sent back to ASTI-PREGINET.
5. ASTI-PREGINET then proceeds with the bidding process to determine which telecommunications company will provide the last-mile connection.
6. In line with no. 5, ASTI-PREGINET will submit the final costing of PREGINET Connectivity to the prospective partner.
7. Prospective partner will sign the Conforme on the final proposal and again, this will be sent back to ASTI-PREGINET.
8. ASTI-PREGINET will process the final and signed MOA.
9. ASTI-PREGINET will now proceed with the implementation or installation of the link. Prospective partner can now enjoy the services and benefits of the PREGINET Connectivity!
Fore more info visit there official site